Also included in
- THIS IS A GROWING BUNDLE – Please read this product description to understand what holiday themes are included and which have not been added yet. Looking for the ultimate go-to resource for your speech therapy sessions with toddlers, preschoolers, and school aged children? Look no further – this UL$17.50$25.00Save $7.50
Looking for the ultimate go-to HANUKKAH themed resource for your speech therapy sessions with toddlers, preschoolers, and school aged children?!
Look no further - this Hanukkah Vocabulary Building Packet has everything you need for your in-person and remote/distance-learning speech therapy sessions for this holiday.
Here's What's Included:
Did You Know (page 4)
- Quote from the book, Bringing Words to Life: Robust Vocabulary Instruction by Isabel L. Beck, Margaret G. McKeown, and Linda Kucan
Introducing the Hanukkah Vocabulary: (page 5)
- Brainstorm: What Do You Know About Hanukkah – an activity to activate prior knowledge.
Interacting with the Hanukkah Vocabulary:
- Thematic Vocabulary Cards: colorful flashcards to interact and play with the vocabulary words (page 6)
- Puzzle Cards Large puzzle cards that you and your child can put together while saying the words (pages 7 & 8)
- Say, Color, and Display Coloring Sheets (pages 9-13)
- These coloring sheets contain pictures of the target words for your child, student, or client to color. They are unique because there is a visual cue for the first sound of the pictured word. For instance, the lips are together for the picture of the bells. This cues children to say the word by putting their lips together. Such visuals can help your toddler see how to make the first sound in the word. Coloring these pictures is a wonderful way to intentionally target this Hanukkah vocabulary.
- Maze: Get the Sufganiyot (pages 14 -15)
- Maze: Help the Menorah Find Its Candles (pages 16-17)
- Guess What I Am: Cut and Paste Activity (page 18)
- Vocabulary Puzzles (pages 19 - 20)
- Draw and Connect Puzzles (22 - 27) These are available in color and in black and white
- Favorite Hanukkah Themed Picture Books (page 28) Share with parents
- List of Extension Ideas (page 29)
Tele-therapy Suggestions (page 30)
Credits and Thank You (pages 31 - 32)