This resource will offer students a peek into the traditions that surround America's Independence Day Celebration on July 4th while sharpening their Reading and Language Arts Skills. The real-life pictures in the activities help students to activate their background knowledge and make connections. This 28 page resource includes:
- Close Reading (2 options provided)
- Comprehension printables that go along with the text
- Extra printables (Fact/Opinion & Word Work
- Reading Match-Up Activity -students read a short story on one card and match it to the correct picture cards (picture cards from this activity can also be used in many other ways-suggestions provided)
- Black/White (gray scale) pictures included for ink saving options
Download the preview above to see a snapshot of this resource!
Thank you for visiting my store! Feel free to email me with any comments, questions, or concerns at
Visit my blog, www.morethanmathbymo.blogspot.com
for news about my latest freebies, giveaways, and classroom ideas!
Like More Than Math by Mo
boards on Pinterest.
You can now follow me on Instagram
Close Reading, Fourth of July, July 4th, USA, Independence Day, Comprehension, Text Evidence, Fact or Opinion, Word Work, Nouns, Verbs