Throw Benjamin Franklin a Birthday Party!
Learn American History while strengthening reading and comprehension skills. This is not just an empty template but a complete lesson with all materials provided. The flipbook is already filled with questions. Each section of the flipbook is tied to an informational text article. The articles are all provided in this download. The hours of research and preparation have already been done for you.
Students learn about Benjamin Franklin and other Revolutionary topics. The articles are:
1. Growing up – Benjamin Franklin’s apprenticeship. Who was Silence Dogood?
2. Colonial Printing – Learn what using a printing press was like.
3. Franklin and Politics – Franklin played many different roles in politics.
4. Declaration of Independence – Information about the significance on the Declaration.
5. Benjamin Franklin’s inventions – From electricity to libraries, see what Benjamin invented.
A PDF document that contains the printable flipbook. The students will assemble their flipbooks. Then they can answer the questions in the flipbook after reading the articles. The teacher can present the articles to the whole class or the students can work in groups to complete the activity. Instructions and an answer key are contained within.
Page 1 and page 2 should be printed front and back with page 2 upside down.
Page 3 and page 4 should be printed front and back with page 4 upside down.
Cutting and Assembling: Cut along the solid lines where scissors are shown. Then fold the dashed lines. Put the booklet together by stacking the folds inside of each other. “Happy Birthday Betsy Ross” should be on top. Staple the booklet together and glue it beneath the picture of Betsy Ross