Just a heads up: some of the activities included in this product are similar to those found in my St. Patrick's Day booklet (e.g. comparing characters traits on a Venn diagram and learning about idioms). Please be sure to download the preview.
This is a 24-page Math and Literacy booklet for students in Third and Fourth Grades to complete on or around Easter. Most of the pages are based around the original four-page story included in the product called, “An Easter to Remember”. This would easily work as your emergency day plans for substitute teachers for the month of April. The entire product could be completed in two days by some students, but I think the majority of students would require three school days to complete this booklet.
You can really customize this booklet according to your needs. There is something here for all learning levels.
The product contains the following Literacy pages:
• a cover page to color
• an original four-page story about a class who organize an Easter Festival to support a local Animal Shelter
• two pages where students complete reading response questions of varying level of difficulty
• a page to draw the mental picture students made in their minds while reading
• a page of multiple choice questions based on the story (mostly “right there” questions-great for differentiation)
• a Venn diagram to compare two characters from the story
• a page about idioms and their meanings
• a page to draw the literal interpretation of an idiom (this page is always lots of fun for kids!)
• a page to review compound words
• a page to review alphabetical order
• a word search based on Easter vocabulary
• a page to review contractions
• a board game for students to play with a partner (requires a paperclip and pencil to use to make a spinner)
• a page for students to demonstrate their media literacy skills by creating a poster advertising an event from the story
The product contains the following Math pages:
• a page to practice addition and subtraction of two and three digit numbers with and without regrouping
• a “Color by the Code” page to practice multiplication skills by
• a page to transfer data from a tally chart to a bar with a scale of one square = two candies
• a page to practice subtraction of two digit numbers with regrouping on a slightly higher level
• a page to review time-telling skills (students read the time and record it on the line)
• a “list the possible combinations” page where students must generate all the possible outfits around a “What to wear” problem
• Where appropriate, the answer key is included
This is meaningful, engaging work for students to complete either in-class or as a homework project. Students are required to think critically and respond to a variety of tasks on a higher level. This product would be suitable for higher level second graders and those students in fifth grade on a modified academic program.
Please be advised that this is not a Faith-based product. It is suitable for all classrooms. The theme of the story is around being a good citizen and treating others the way you would want to be treated.
The activities in this booklet are purposeful and for the most part, relate to the story included in the product which is all about showing good character and doing what’s right to help in the community. The preview is the best description of this product, please be sure to take a look as it shows all the items that are included.
Thanks so much for visiting my store. If there is anything I can do to make this product better suit your needs, please don’t hesitate to ask, sometimes all it takes is a little tweak here and there to make a product perfect for your classroom.