Everyone’s favorite mouse is ready to celebrate Easter! This Happy Easter, Mouse Book Companion provides literacy, language and listening activities to accompany the book by Laura Numeroff. After reading the book (available online or in stores), follow up with six literature unit activities! The activities include:
1. Sequencing/Retelling- Place story scenes in order and retell
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Mouse’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Spatial Concepts- Given a picture, describe where the egg is using prepositions.
5. Color Countdown Game- Give each player a mat and stack cards. Take turns rolling a die and choosing a card. Name the number of items indicated on die of the color indicated on card. Place the card on that number on game mat. The first player to fill their mat wins!
6. Story Extension- Draw and write about another place Mouse finds eggs.
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!