Happy Easter, Mouse! Retelling Pack and Book Companion is the adorable story about Mouse and Bunny and Easter eggs! This retelling pack is intended to be used after reading the book by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond. These retelling activities are a favorite of my little ones! These packs help work on retelling and sequencing skills while having a whole lot of fun! Most activities are print and go or with very easy prep.
Happy Easter, Mouse! Book Companion
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet. I have my students pick a card, write it down and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. I added extra pictures to accommodate more student participation. Print off as many copies as needed. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue pictures in order of the story.
• Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer to check comprehension.
• Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
• Positional Word Activity: Students cut and glue eggs according to the positional words of: above, under, in front of, between, and beside on a sheet that incorporates the items in the story.
• Number Cards: Numbers 1-6 and egg counting cards that students can match, play a memory game and place in numerical order. Print, laminate, and cut apart cards.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!