Happy Groundhog Day! Your students will have so much fun with this unit. It's full of fun literacy and math activities including:
- Great Groundhog's Sounds -> beginning sounds
- Shadow Words -> unscrambling sight words
- Peek-a-Boo Blends -> beginning blends
- Missing Middles -> vowel sounds in middle of word (CVC words)
- Pocket Chart activity x2
- Label the groundhog
- Groundhog's Numbers -> numbers to 20, before and after
- Find that Groundhog! -> number recognition using a die
- What Time is it Mr. Groundhog? -> telling time to the hour and half hour, analog and digital
Lots of Graphing and Predicting activities:
- flip a coin (heads or tails)
- rolling a die
- spinning for letters/sounds
- an activity based on the book Substitute Groundhog by Pat Millar
- a groundhog craft that can be used to predict and graph followed by a letter from Mr. Groundhog
....and LOTS more!
Please be sure to visit my blog for more ideas and freebies!
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class
Thanks for looking!