I loved teaching this unit with my kindergarten class. This unit is based off of MyPlate.
Revised on 7/28/2015! If you purchased this product before then, please download the new version!
What is included:
1. 5 Color 8 x 11 posters- one for each food group- great for discussion, for projecting with a projector, and for student references. Print and laminate if desired,
2. My Plate- students can use clip art pictures (included), magazine pictures or draw pictures of food for each category.
3. One page sort- students sort clip art pictures into correct category. Clip art included
4. I Can Sort- Students cut, glue, and sort between 2 food groups. 3 pages included.
5. I Spy- Students color food the correct color. 2 food groups on each page. 3 pages included
6. Food Group Sorts- 5 Sorts included. One for each food group. These are great individual assessment tool. These would also work well with small groups.
7. What is on your tray- game
8. Roll, Say and Keep- this version uses cards with different food from the 5 food groups.
9. Writing- Students look at the picture, label and write about the picture.
10. How to Set the table- A project that involves everything students have learned in the unit. We wrote "How to Set the table"
11. Spin and Write- Students spin an exercise and write about it. Students spin a food group and write about it. Spinners with exercising, proteins, grains, fruits, vegetables, and dairy are included.
12. Gregory the Terrible Eater- Sequencing and comprehension activities.
13. Jack and the Hungry Giant By Loreen Leedy- This is a take on "Jack and the Beanstalk". Predicting, Exercising sort, Brain Breaks
14. "I Eat Lots of Colors"- Art activity that challenges students to eat more colors. A picture of this art activity is in the preview.
Please download a preview to get a better look at what is included.