Students will love ringing in the New Year with these activities. Included in this unit are fun activities all about 2018!
1. Word Search - Students will see how many times they can find the words "happy," "new," and "year" in the same puzzle.
2. Make-a-word - Using the words "Happy New Year" students will scramble up the letters to make new words. There are letters that students can cut out to rearrange on their desk to help them with this activity.
3. Writing Sheet - Students will write about what they hope to do in 2018. There are four different forms of this writing sheet (boys and girls).
4. Math Problems - Students get to make up their own problems using any operations they choose. The only catch? The problems must equal 2,018.
5. Watch the Ball Drop - Students will learn about the different versions of the ball that is dropped in NYC every New Year's Eve by reading this chart and answering questions to go with it.
6. Times Square - The host of one of the biggest New Year's Eve celebrations, students will learn about this place and its history through a reading comprehension activity.