Revised for 2017!
Happy New Year! Need an engaging literacy unit to start the New Year off right? You can use the activities in this unit all week long. I've included an original poem, New Year, as well as several literacy activities that your students will enjoy.
Inside this packet you will find:
1. New Year (an original poem)
2. My Wish for the New Year (a writing prompt)
3. My Goals for 2017 (2018, 2019, 2020) (a goal setting flip book)
4. My Resolution (a writing prompt)
5. Making Words in the New Year (a fun center activity)
6. New Year’s Rhyme Time (a Phonemic Awareness activity)
7. New Year’s Day (a non-fiction reading passage)
8. My Family Celebrates the New Year (a written response to non-fiction reading passage)
9. New Year’s Word Search (Fun for early finishers, morning work, or centers)
10. Answer key for New Year’s Word Search
11. Happy New Year Photo Frames for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
If desired, these activities also can be used as morning work, centers, or early finisher work.
You may also like the following products:
A Kind and Caring Classroom: Poems of the Week that Promote Good Character
99 and Counting: Activities to Celebrate the 99th Day of School
Cloze Passages for Beginning Readers