Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Your students are going to *love* creating a lapbook project as they learn about how people celebrate the New Year in five countries: Australia, Kenya, Greece, Brazil, and the Philippines.
Not only are they getting a dose of social studies, they are showing their reading comprehension by responding to reading in their graphic organizers, their writing skills by responding to differentiated writing prompts, and they are showing off their math skills as they figure out how long until midnight when given clocks (differentiated, too!)
Included in this resource:
• Lapbook pieces with detailed directions on how to assemble
• Five mini-books – one for each country – only one page each. Fold and read!
• Vocabulary flashcards
• Happy New Year, From ___ writing prompts: Students will pretend they are in one of the countries they studied. They will write 4 things they did to celebrate, and draw a picture of each.
• 3 writing prompts, with 2 kinds of writing lines for differentiation
• How Long Until Midnight? Math pages- To the hour, to the half-hour, and to the minute are all included. Two pages of practice per version.
• Coloring pages for each country
• World map to track where each country is in the world
• 31-Slide PowerPoint that matches words in the mini-books, but with real life pictures (Check out a video of this PowerPoint by looking at the Video Preview above!)
Also included are 4 pages of teacher notes, suggestions, and prep directions! Perfect for easing back into lesson planning after a nice winter break ;)
Download the 19-page preview to get a good look at what your students will be doing.
If you are looking for more of a 'Resolution/Goal Setting' Lapbook Project for the New Year, I've got that too!
CLICK HERE > Happy New Year Resolution Lapbook Project
Cupcakes & Curriculum ⇢ www.cupcakesncurriculum.com
Looking for some humor & positivity in your #teacherlife?
Join the conversation in our Facebook Group!
A LITTLE ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey there! I'm Jennifer, an experienced first, third, and fourth grade general education classroom teacher, I also have experience as a special education teacher's assistant and interventionist. I earned my Bachelors' degree in Family & Child Studies, and my Masters' degree in Elementary Education.
I've been creating resources on Teachers Pay Teachers since 2012 to help teachers like you find your work-life balance - you are so much more than just an awesome teacher!
If you have any questions about this resource, or if you'd simply like to 'talk teacher' with me, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! ♥