Everyone’s favorite monkey is ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day! This Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George Book Companion provides literacy, language and listening activities to accompany the book by N. DiAngelo. After reading the book (available online or in stores), follow up with six literature unit activities! The activities include:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Sequence picture cards and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Spatial Concepts- Describe where George is using prepositions
4. George’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Phoneme Manipulation- Follow directions to make new words by moving/changing sounds
6. Initial Sound Sort- Sort pictures with like initial sounds
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!