Everyone’s favorite mouse is ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day! This Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse Book Companion provides literacy, language and listening activities to accompany the book by Laura Numeroff. After reading the book (available online or in stores), follow up with six literature unit activities! The activities include:
1. Matching- Match the characters with their cards and tell why they received them.
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Mouse’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Following Directions- Listen to the directions and perform tasks on a picture grid
6. Story Extension- Design a card for someone and tell why you’d give it to him/her.
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!