This is a fun activity for teaching positional concepts. In a book format, students paste the picture in the correct location following given instructions. Students can read the instructions or they can be given verbally. This activity also includes directions to turn the page, next page, even left and right. I use this activity in group sessions to not only teach/reinforce positional concepts but to help the students learn to work as a group. Everyone must finish the current page before going on to the next page. Some students may have to wait and others may need to remain on task and finish. The finished product is a book that can be reviewed or shared with others.
To make the book--
1. Set aside the last page(s) (subject items)Cut out before use or have your student do the cutting
2. Fold all pages in half
3. The title page becomes the cover
4. Insert the rest of the pages into the cover, fold on the outside
5. Staple on left to form a book
6. If using the book in a group setting ensure that all books have the same page order