Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.2 MB | 10 pages
Students focus on analyzing poetry and citing evidence using the poem, "Harlem Hopscotch" by Maya Angelou.
Questions and extension activity were designed with Common Core Standards and Depth of Knowledge/Bloom's Taxonomy skills in mind. Students are asked questions that require them to refer back to the text to support their answers.
1. A copy of the poem for annotation.
2. 2-page worksheet with extension activities.
3. Answer key (for discussion)
4. CCSS Standards.
5. Multimedia links that can be used as extension activities and resources, with suggestion for how to use.
6. Powerpoint introducing literary devices.
7. Compare/Contrast Graphic Organizers to go with Hughes' "Dreams" and "Mother To Son"