Here is what is included:
- Chapter Preview Sheet
- Harlem Renaissance reading
- Harlem Renaissance Investigation
- Flipped Classroom Guide
- 15 Harlem Renaissance Videos
- Crash Course
"You have to download this! It's a great bundle"
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 22 years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
Teaching the Harlem Renaissance can pose some challenges because of the enormous amount of influences and factors that went into creating it.
THE SECOND SEMESTER OF US HISTORY
I have included in this 2-3 day lesson covering following:
- 1. Preview Sheet
I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet. The chapter preview sheets take about 20 minutes to do in class.
- 2. A full day of PPT
that goes through all major players of the Harlem Renaissance with samples in the preview. What is it? Harlem NY, Poetry, Art and Music, W.E.B. Dubois, Langston Hughes, Marcus Garvey, The Cotton Club, Louis Armstrong, and Duke Ellington. (15 slides from start to finish)
- 3. 5 Videos
I have added 5 videos to this bundle as it really adds a lot of value to this bundle.
PLEASE EMAIL FOR THE THE LINK AT:
- 4. Seven short Harlem Renaissance videos
to be shown with the PPT. Harlem Renaissance, Harlem Renaissance 2, The Cotton Club, Louis Armstrong, and Duke Ellington.
- 5. Harlem Renaissance reading
to be done in class or outside of class. This is a 2 page document front and back that covers the details of the Harlem Renaissance. (As a bonus I have included a literature analysis sheet to help with the reading)
- 6. The Harlem Renaissance Investigation
to be done by the students in class with their phones or tablets or computers.
- 7. Flipped Classroom guide:
This guide is a great way to teach a PPT/ Keynote. It allows the students to dig into the PPT/ Keynote and discuss with a group and meet with the teacher.
- 8. Crash Courses 1920's guide
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
If you like this product check out my other writing assignments / activities. This product is part of my 1920's US History Resources
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog