Harper Lee Author Study — Literary Legends Collaborative Poster
Have your students create a collaborative poster and learn about Harper Lee in a fun and engaging way!
Your students will create an author biography by researching Harper Lee and establishing her profile on a poster.
Students will learn about Lee's body of work and her life as an influential author. Her most celebrated work is the novel To Kill a Mockingbird.
Additionally, students will learn the importance of teamwork and effective communication. This is a great activity for Women's History Month.
1. To construct the author study poster, your students will work in groups to conduct research on Harper Lee.
2. Students will then transfer their findings to boxes on the poster.
3. Next, they will work together to color or paint the pieces of the poster.
4. Lastly, students will tape together the final product.
5. The poster is made up of six pieces of paper, which can be printed on regular copy paper or card stock.
6. Once taped together, the final product will be 28" x 15" and can last a lifetime if you laminate it!
This resource includes the following:
- Step by Step Student Directions (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Project Rubric (PDF & editable word document)
- Author Study Brainstorm Graphic Organizer for Students (PDF & editable word document)
- 6 Blank Coloring Pages that come together as one beautiful poster (PDFs)
- Harper Lee Author Study Answer Key
- Example of Final Project: Completed Text & Fully Colored Body
Check out more from my LITERARY LEGENDS Collection: