This CCSS aligned set provides a literary and historical overview of Harriet Jacobs and her “Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl” narrative. ** Much of this set is from my Literature of Slaves Unit, American Romantic and Transcendental Writers Unit and my American Literature Bundle so please do not purchase both. **
The set includes:
* a short WebQuest about Jacobs and Slave Narratives with teacher notes
* a five page excerpt of “Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl"
* a 10 question true or false reading quiz with key
* analysis questions with teacher notes
* an event analysis graphic organizer with teacher notes (CCSS RIT.3)
* a scene comparison analysis activity with teacher notes (CCSS RIT.7)
* a scene interpretation assignment
This unit would fit well in an American Literature course, a Humanities course or as a compliment to an American History course.