Harriet Tubman, born Araminta ("Minty") Ross, is known for having bravely helped over 300 slaves escape to freedom on the Underground Railroad. After escaping from slavery herself, she returned at least 19 times to help others do the same.
If you need a few quick and engaging activities to help your students learn about this amazing woman, this pack has just that. There are 5 printable pages that can be used in your interactive notebooks, cut out and glued onto construction paper, or even used independently just as they are. These activities are blank and ask your students to use the books, websites, or textbooks of your choice to research Harriet Tubman and fill in the information.
The activities included are:
• Harriet Tubman biography page (info such as her place of birth, what she's famous for, etc.)
• In Her Words: research and choose her most meaningful quotes.
• Text Me: create a fictional text message conversation that you might have had with her!
• Route to Freedom: research, list, and illustrate routes on the Underground Railroad.
• Dear Ms. Tubman: write a letter to Harriet Tubman.
Please view the thumbnails and download the preview to see each page that is included in this pack. If you have any additional questions, please use the "Ask a Question" tab in my TpT store.
Thank you for looking!