No prep! Just print and teach!
Kurt Vonnegut's classic short story, "Harrison Bergeron" describes a dystopian world where people are controlled by government-induced handicaps. The shocking ending will compel students to think deeply about the ramifications of a totalitarian government.
I have included the following.
1. Close reading questions side-by-side with text.
2. Literary analysis using Cornell Notes (sample answers included).
3. Focus on characteristics of a hero.
4. Writing a literary analysis with a sample.
5. Test includes true-false, multiple choice, and matching items.
6. Vocabulary test with matching and fill in the blank sentence completion items.
7. Graphic organizer for comparing and contrasting the text with the film version "2081".
8. Answer Keys