An engaging, Harry Potter themed extract analysis lesson with literacy activities.
Particularly suitable for student ages 9-13 (UK, KS2-KS3) lower ability students, but lesson could be adapted to meet the needs of more able students.
21 page Power Point consisting of:
* Title page
* Starter task
* Short question task
* Reading task (you will need the book, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (though you could make to with any Harry Potter book.
* Extract analyis, included
* Writing task, with some support slides
* Purple pen reflection time (if needed)
* Draw and label task
* Spelling test with answers (these can obviously be adapted to meet the needs of the class, but included are 10 spellings that my students needed support with)
An engaging series of lessons to use time and time again!
Visit my shop for more great lessons and resources:
(Images: wikipedia and copyright free to the best of my knowlege, cooltext.com.)