Let Harry Potter cast his spell on even your most reluctant reader!
This engaging unit was designed to ignite the magic of reading. Its focus on discussion and projects promotes contemplation, collaboration, and creativity.
• Lesson plans with schedules for faster and slower paced instruction
• List of student activities and ideas for themed classroom decorations
• Tables for summarizing chapters (with and without author’s purpose)
• Discussion questions for every chapter
• Literature group checklist for daily grading
• References to mythology page
• Character analysis craftivity
• Chocolate Frogs Character Cards
• Chocolate Frogs Creature Cards
• Foreshadowing activity
• Boa constrictor information page and activity
• Diagon Alley buildings activity
• Promotion for a new flavor of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans
• Design a wizard sweet page
• Sorting Hat activity
• Design a banner activity (Hogwarts houses)
• Design a broom activity
• Mirror of Erised activity
• Official Rules of Quidditch pages
• Cloak of Invisibility writing activity
• The Forbidden Forest cartoon drawing activity
• Which Bottle? logic puzzle (with answers)
• Harry Potter lined stationery
• 10-question final test (with answers)
Click on PREVIEW above to see a sample of the pages.
I designed this set of activities to get my class hooked on reading. It worked! I hope your students love Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone as much as mine did.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Wizard Line Art
was created by Melonheadz.