Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S.
Examples of clues:
* He pushed the door AJAR and peered inside—and a horrible scene met his eye. (ant.) ANSWER: closed
* The Dursleys were COWERING against the wall. (Crouching in ___; syn.) ANSWER: fear
* ...Harry himself examined silver unicorn horns at twenty-one Galleons each and MINUSCULE, glittery-black beetle eyes... (ant.) ANSWER: huge
* He looked carefully at Harry, his eyes lingering on the scar that stood out, LIVID, on Harry’s forehead. (syn.) ANSWER: angry
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S edition of Bookmarks Plus.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone edition of Bookmarks Plus—Handy!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle.
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
* HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE: 17 Chapter Title Cryptograms—Fun! Students decode the chapter titles from the book! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
* HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE: 50-word Prereading Vocab Xword—Fun! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE: Synonym/Antonym Vocab Xword—Fun! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!