Cesar Chavez is recognized as one of America's civil rights leaders. He led a 340-mile peaceful protest march through California to improve life of migrant farm workers.
* The students will identify the meaning of words in context
* Genre ~ Biography
* Interactive PowerPoint/Notebook
* Vocabulary Definitions
* Sentences: Students use context clues on the slide that give the reader hints to the meanings of unfamiliar words or familiar words used in unfamiliar ways.
* Sentences with graphic illustration and definition
* Use as a Close Activity or Student Notebook
* Quiz ~ the definition is given and students choose the correct answer. Tap the sun for the correct answer.