THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK. NOTE THAT THIS IS A ONE-PAGE PRODUCT (besides the answer key) WITH 10 WORD PUZZLES ON THE ONE PAGE.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from HATCHET. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
MORE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EDITIONS OF WORD MERGES!
* Blood on the River
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil's Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Best School Year Ever
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963
* The Westing Game
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over HATCHET—the puzzles are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.:
* Bookmarks Plus: HATCHET edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* HATCHET: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Fun and Challenging!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* HATCHET: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* HATCHET: 4 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from three sections of the book: Chapters 1-6; Chapter 7-13; Chapters 14-Epilogue. The fourth puzzle is comprehensive and covers 30 words. Good extra credit activity!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!