This product is meant to be used after students have read the book.
NOTE: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from HATCHET. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
Some of the puzzle quotations, including titles:
* Heads or Tails?: A flip of some giant coin and he was the loser.
* Brian Uses New Skills: His mind and his body, had come together, had made a connection.
* Brian’s Despair: If you keep walking back from good luck, you’ll come to bad luck.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for middle school:
* Across Five Aprils
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Hunger Games
* Light in the Forest
* The Miracle Worker & Helen Keller
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders
* Romeo and Juliet
* Walk Two Moons
Here are my unique products over HATCHET—view them in my store!
• HATCHET: 4 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Three crosswords test students over challenging words from different sections of the book. The fourth covers 30 of the words from the previous three puzzles.
• Bookmarks Plus: HATCHET edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• HATCHET: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Fun and Challenging! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• HATCHET: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!