If you are looking for a great novel study resource and are sick and tired of the same old boring pencil/paper novel packets that take you forever to copy (and kids tear, lose, etc.)... this is EXACTLY what you are looking for!
This is an engaging novel study for Gary Paulsen's book HATCHET! This online novel study asks students to complete several engaging activities as they read the novel that will help them better connect with, relate to, and understand the book. This online novel study is a truly meaningful and fun learning experience!
Students will be asked to:
- Make entries in a Writer's Notebook that will address essential questions regarding the novel and allow students to make personal connections.
- Students will closely examine the setting of the novel.
- Students will examine theme and the evolution of the main character
- Vocabulary will be examined
- Students will take on sequential writing tasks/flow charts related to the novel
- Students will link to quizzes, games, and other online activities related to the book.
- Students will learn about the author
- Students will learn about survival skills
and SO MUCH MORE!!!
This is a learning experience your students will truly enjoy and it can all be accessed online!
- Novel Study link
- Student checklist
- Any Google Docs can be copied and modified
*** Teachers have permission to post this on their web page for easy student access!