Enjoy Hatchet questions in three formats! Pick and choose for the way you teach.
1. Constructing Responses – Build students’ skills with a powerful PowerPoint presentation, ten student sheets, and sample answers.
2. Literature Groups – Prompt discussion with a two-page guide.
3. Quick Quizzes – Determine who’s read and who hasn’t with ten brief questions.
Polish your students' skills in constructing responses as they read Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. This set of activities teaches students to answer explaining and inferring questions and support with evidence from the text by citing and quoting. Supporting materials include:
• Lesson plans
• 23-slide PowerPoint presentation that explores strategies for constructing thorough responses to explaining and inferring questions
• Tips for answering questions successfully, including examples
• 10 sheets for constructing responses (one for every two chapters)
• Quick grading sheet
• Comprehensive rubric
• Sample answers for every question
Build excitement about reading. Make it social! Two pages of questions stimulate discussion for literature groups.
Sometimes you just need to know who’s reading and who’s not. Quick quizzes may be used in place of constructing responses (because constructing – and grading - responses every day may be too much), before literature groups meet, or as a stand-alone. Materials include:
• Ten pages, each with one question repeated three times - just copy and cut in strips
• Answer key
Click on the PREVIEW button above to take a peek at the product.
This product is also available as part of the Hatchet Unit
. Related products created by Brenda Kovich include Hatchet Vocabulary
and Problem-Based Learning with Hatchet
Click on Follow Me to be notified as other products are published.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Common Core State Standards - RL.4.1, RL.5.1, RL.6.1, and RL.7.1.