The objective of the test is to test children on their comprehension of the novel while focusing on analyzing specific elements of the novel. The test is primarily conceptual, but there are some parts of it that is conceptual. The test is 10 pages long, but included extra credit questions on Page 11/12.
On the test the students will do the following:
1. Complete a plot diagram with the novel's events.
2. Describe a scene from the novel that fits the specific type of conflict
3. Illustrate their favorite scene from the book, describe what they drew using sensory/descriptive details/ and citing evidence if needed
4. Analyze underlined phrases or words to figure out what figurative language is being used
5. Complete a story frame for the character
6. Choose the correct answer for basic multiple choice questions
7. Extra credit