These graphic organizers and summary frames help students to understand how the main character changes in the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen which helps develop the plot and the theme in the book. I included answer keys as well for all of the graphic organizers and summaries for each chapter in the book! The learning targets are also attached which align to Common Core R.L 6.2, 6.3, R.I 6.2, & 6.6.
This packet includes:
• Difficult decisions and character traits revealed for each chapter in Hatchet
• Chapter summaries depicting the main events and any decisions that the main character made that reflect on his character for each chapter
• Student organizers specific to when the main character changes in the text
• Specific organizer tailored to show how character changes drive the plot and develop the theme
• Student organizers that focus on author’s craft, specifically when the author remembers flashbacks