Hattie and the Fox by Mem Fox ~ A week of reading activities
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Text Features and Overview – just a simple sheet for individuals for complete, or enlarge complete as a class once you have read the story.
2. Match-up/Sequencing – students cut and match up the animals to their names and what they said.
3. Multiple Choice Comprehension
4. Matching Story Words and Brain Stretches – students colour/color code matching story words (well well, who cares etc) then change story words around to make new words.
5. Cloze activity – comprehension
6. Plurals – a sheet that looks at the plural form of story words. Doubtful that grade 1s will do this sheet independently! Definitely consider modelling this activity.
7. Bumper word search
8. Writing /Table - descriptive writing table
9. Reading/Sentence creation – cut and glue words to show character story sentences.
All activities were created with early Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!
BEGINNERS FONT - there is now this pack in BEGINNERS QLD font listed in my store!