Looking for an October or Halloween writing project? Haunted House Expressive Writing Unit is a high-interest writing activity for students and teachers! Perfect for October and the Halloween season, it gives students a chance to express their creativity in a way they can relate to their HUGE interest in all things scary (or funny).
**Check out my BLOG POST Part 1
and BLOG POST Part 2
to see how I use it in my classroom.**
In this unit, you will receive:
5 5-Senses Writing Plan Templates
- describes the layout of the story as students walk their characters through a haunted house
- each one has plenty of room for students to brainstorm ideas for each of the 5-senses as well as a topic sentence
- make copies for each student or project each one on your board
1 Rubric Checklist
- give to students when you introduce the activity so they know exactly what you are looking for in their writing
- they use it throughout their writing process to stay on track
- teachers can use it to grade published writing assignment
1 Haunted House Adjectives List
- has 40+ adjectives students can use instead of over-using "scary"
- allows for exploration and discussion on word choice and variety
- promotes thinking for other adjectives as well
1 Introduction for the teacher
- a quick description of how I use it in my classroom
* Please download the 3-page preview to take a look at a couple of the pages that are part of this unit
* Please feel comfortable asking questions before purchasing.
Most importantly, enjoy! You are sure to find students coming out of their writing shells with this one.
Copyright© 2013 Carrie Garrison
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Additional licenses may be purchased.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
*See end page for fonts, clip art, frames, and paper credit.*