Use this cute and spooky haunted house to celebrate Halloween and review partial product multiplication. The end product will be a cute hallway or bulletin board display for fall harvest or Halloween that also shows off the amazing partial product multiplication learning happening in your classroom.
- Teach the partial product strategy for multiplying 2-digits by 2-digits
- Print off enough copies of each piece for your class. Instructions for printing each page are included on the page.
- Have students glue on the moon first, then the house, followed by the window frames, and finally the window panes.
- Students should use the window frames to decompose the factors in their multiplication problems.
- Students will use the window panes to find the products of their decomposed numbers.
- Once students have found the products of all the parts, they should add them together and record the answer next to that multiplication sentence on the moon.
- Last but not least, hang finished products in the hallway for an adorable and academic hallway display.
Looking for more math resources?