Use these resources with your students to supplement the poem “Haunted” by Shel Silverstein! And what is best? ALL of the organizers offer two different DIFFERENTIATED options to meet the needs of all of your students!
This poem (which is NOT included, but can easily be found online) is a great tool to teach and have students practice identifying mood, imagery, and figurative language.
These resources are all aligned to Common Core State Standards. Learning Targets and Common Core State Standards are listed on most of the resources as well! (Copies WITHOUT CCSS and targets are also included!)
These resources can be used in a variety of ways. You can use these as station work, small group work, partner work, or any other way you can think of!
Here is what is included:
• Illustrated Figurative language task (can be used for struggling
students, artistic students, or all students)
• Figurative Language organizer (a more rigorous task that
analyzes figurative language and its impact on the poem)
• 2 different imagery organizers (differentiated levels)
• 2 different mood organizers (differentiated levels)
• 2 different mood, tone, and connotation in word choice
organizers (differentiated levels)
• 2 Personification organizers (differentiated levels)
• Directions for writing a “haunted” poem
• An editable rubric for the poem
Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for checking out my resource!
Check out my other Halloween Products :)
Scary Story Common Core Organizers and Rubrics for Standards #1-7. Great for any scary story!
Halloween Witch's Recipe Explanatory Writing
Halloween Figurative Language Task Cards and Differentiated Resources
16 Halloween Story Writing Prompts with Matching Papers, Pre-Writing Organizers, and Rubric