A true 2-in-1 descriptive writing activity and winter craft. Everything you need is included!
While it may be easy to find winter crafts, most of us have minimum time and maximum pressure to meet standards and help our students master important skills.
"Have You Seen My Snowman?" is a kid-thrilling activity that's as much thorough writing lesson as it is easy-to-teach, beautiful craft project.
Here's How It Works:
1. Students choose from accessories on printable templates to make unique snowmen.
2. You use clear and complete lesson plans to teach children to describe their snowman.
3. The activities conclude with a game in which students match written descriptions to the matching snowmen.
This Activity Pack Makes Your Job Easy (And Their Job Fun!) By Including:
1. Four printable templates for creating snowmen with fun accessories (ties, scarves, sunglasses, a handlebar mustache, more!)
2. Clear lesson plans for the writing activity, including discussion prompts.
3. Printable fill-in-the-blank prompts for early writers.
4. Writer's guide with tips for intermediate and advanced writers.
5. Complete writing samples for beginner, intermediate, and advanced writers (approximately 1st, 3rd, and 5th-grade levels) to use for modeling.
6. Visual instructions with photographs for creating the snowman (post it on a tv or SmartBoard and avoid having to repeat yourself!).
7. Multi-use lined sheets (thin and very wide rule) for final drafts.
8. Full-page sample of the finished product.
9. Meets Common Core Writing standards related to writing explanatory texts, conveying ideas clearly, and using illustrations to aid in comprehension.
"Have You Seen My Snowman?" is a true 2-in-1 activity. The detailed lesson plans help you teach a meaningful lesson in descriptive writing, while the craft is an activity all kids love. The finished snowmen and writing are pieces that parents love to keep.
My students have always loved reading their descriptions while their classmates try to match them to the correct snowman! These are excellent pieces to show off on hallway bulletin boards, too!
Together, all three activities yield a minimum of three hours instruction time, and I'm confident you'll want to use it year after year.
Ready to print, teach, love!
Thanks and happy teaching!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License