- 2 mats (slides 3 and 4)
- 1 slide of verb tense cards (slide 5)
- 1 slide of special cards (slide 6)
- Activity 1: Verb cards (slides 7 through 24)
Directions: Have students choose a verb card. Verb tense cards (slide 5) may be used as well. Or have students determine if the verb is regular or irregular.
- Activity 2: Incorrect/Correct verb tense in sentences (slides 25 through 29 plus 8 blank cards on slide 30)
Directions: Have students choose a card and determine if the underlined verb is correct or incorrect. If incorrect, have students correct the verb correctly, for more challenging have students spell the verb. If students are correct, they may keep the card. The student with the most cards is the game winner. *Special cards may also be used.
- Activity 3: Find the verb an determine if regular or irregular (slides 31 through 37 plus 8 blank cards on slide 38). If correct, the student may keep the card and place it onto their individual mat (slide 39). *Special cards may also be used.
- Activity 4: Game boards to address regular/irregular verbs or verb tense (past, present, future) (slides 40 through 42)
- Open Ended Game board (slide 43)