This resource will support Preschool Early Learning Standards for English Language Arts and Social Studies.
English Language Arts Preschool programs provide opportunities for children to:
- begin to understand discussions about things that happened in other places and in the past.
- respond and make connections to story events and characters by relating personal feelings, and experiences.
Social Studies Preschool programs provide opportunities for children to:
- participate in discussions, respond to questions, and make connections based on personal culture and prior knowledge.
- participate in discussions of family rituals and traditions related to culture.
- show awareness, knowledge, and appreciation of own culture.
- talk about, compare, and explore similarities and differences in daily practice across cultures.
- explain how and why people from different cultures observe different holidays and celebrations.
You will be provided the following:
- directions to create and use activities.
- twenty- seven mini-posters (8.5” X 11”) of images depicting symbols of Hawaii including: a map, a boy and girl in aloha attire, the flag of Hawaii, hibiscus flowers (red and yellow) , a palm tree, a coconut, a pineapple, license plate with a rainbow on it, shave ice, a dolphin, a whale, a monk seal, a nene goose, a surfboard, humuhumunukunukuuapua’a ,children surfing, a hula dancer, Pele-the Hawaiian goddess of fire and volcanoes, a volcano, a flower lei, a ukulele, slippers, and aloha word art.
- materials to create a mini-booklet (in two versions-- color and black line drawings) using same clip art and sentences as the mini-posters.
Note: This will be a perfect addition to your Thematic Unit on Hawaii.
Thank you for visiting our store.
If you would like to receive notifications when new products are created and added to the store, please follow us by clicking on the green star in the upper corner of the screen.
Please provide feedback to earn credits for your future purchases.
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns, please use the Q and A function and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Aloha and mahalo for all you do to teach our little ones!