Knowing how to use headings and subheadings in nonfiction text can be a tricky skill for students. This resource includes a variety of activities that help students practice effectively using headings and subheadings to predict and categorize information and formulate questions. These materials are great to use with guided reading groups or as classwork, homework, or review after a whole-class lesson has been taught.
Included are the following materials:
• heading & subheading posters/word wall cards (in color and black-and-white)
• mini anchor chart (great for reading notebooks)
• worksheet: making predictions with headings
• worksheet: making predictions with subheadings
• worksheet: turning headings into questions
• worksheet: turning subheadings into questions
• worksheet: headings & subheadings
• worksheet: using subheadings to locate information
• worksheet: writing headings
• original “Alpine Skiing” article (to be used with worksheets)
• sorting activity
Partial answer keys are included.
Please check out the preview to see more!
Supports Virginia Reading SOL 4.6, but is applicable to any classroom.
Thanks for visiting my store!
To see more reading resources, please click here!