Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Save over 35% with this Health Class Related Movie Guide Bundle!
This bundle includes the following ten movie guides, click each one to view previews and sample questions.
- Fed Up (PG - 2014)
- Food Matters (2008)
- Food, Inc. (PG - 2008)
- Hungry For Change (2012)
- Just Eat it: A Food Waste Story (NR - 2014)
- Before the Flood (PG - 2016)*
- Super Size Me (PG - 2004)
- That Sugar Film (NR - 2014)
- The Magic Pill (TV14 - 2017)
- What the Health (2017)
*Note: Before the Flood is not food consumption or physical health related but more suited towards an environmental health class.
These movie guides are great for:
- A substitute emergency lesson plan (just print & press play!)
- As a way to sprinkle some education into a classroom movie viewing party
- Stress free activities before holiday breaks or after testing
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
Check out all movie guides below, by category, in alphabetical order: