· UNIT OVERVIEW
Unit 2 --- Health 2--- First Aid and CPR
Students will develop skills in responding to an emergency, emergency first aid, and CPR/AED to understand how to prevent injuries. They will learn how to reduce risky behavior & violence, and to develop safe practices in the home, school and community.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
2.1 I can recognize that an emergency exists, activate the EMS system, and provide care until help arrives.
2.2 I can demonstrate correct procedures for CPR, using an Automated External Defibrillator, and the Abdominal Thrust Maneuver.
2.3 I can demonstrate first aid skills for treatment of injury or illness including victims of poisoning, choking, burns, severe bleeding, etc.
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· How do I activate the EMS system?
· What is the proper hand placement for giving someone CPR
· How can I reduce or prevent injuries?
AED, CPR, First Aid, Good Samaritan Law, home safety, accidents, unintentional injuries,
· Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
· Abdominal Thrust Maneuver
· Automated External Defibrillator