PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
· UNIT OVERVIEW
Unit 2 --- Health Science --- Health --- Stress, Depression and Anxiety
Students will learn how to recognize, prevent and treat mental illness, and gain an understanding of how mental illness can impact themselves, family and community.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
2.1 I can analyze characteristics of a mentally and emotionally healthy person. 1.12.1
2.2 I can identify signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety. 1.12.3
2.3 I can recognize warning signs of suicide and access resources for prevention and help. 1.12.3
2.4 I can describe the effects of mental illness on family, community and others. 2.12.1
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· What does a mentally healthy person look like?
· What does stress do to my body?
· How does my past interact with my future and effect my emotionally?
· What are signs and symptoms of depression?
· How does mental illness effect myself and my family?
· Mental Illness
· INSTRUCTIONAL APPROACH
Agenda of Lessons
· Mental Health assessment
· Personal Stress
· Mental Illness PP
· Depression & Suicide Prevention PP
· Out of the Shadows film
· Mental Health Connections
· Mental Health review & exam
· Art (notebook collage assignment)