· UNIT OVERVIEW
Unit 4--- Health --- Managing Stress and Coping with loss
Students will identify strategies for managing stress and depression along with healthy ways to cope with loss. Students will explore the connectedness of stress, depression and suicide and identify opportunities for teens to prevent unhealthy responses.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
4.1 I can identify and apply stress management strategies. 7.12.5
4.2 I can describe the relationships between physical, mental, emotional health. 1.12.3
4.3 I can describe the effects of loss and the grieving process.
4.4 I can analyze situations requiring professional health services. 1.12.6
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
Student Background Knowledge
Health 1, Personal Health and Wellness Unit explores Mental Health.
· How can stress affect you in positive and negative ways.
· How can you reduce the amount and impact of stress in your life?
· How does understanding the grieving process help you cope with loss?
· What are the symptoms, cause and effect of depression?
Anxiety, depression, suicide, stress, stressor, coping, process, impact, perception, emotion, positive, negative, chronic, substance, therapy, management, support, attitude,
Stressor, resilient, stages of grief, self-esteem, cluster, suicide