· UNIT OVERVIEW
Unit 7 -- Health II-- Community Health and Environmental Health
Knowing where in your community to access health information, products, and services is an important skill for every teenager to have. Talking to a trusted adult, searching the Internet, and checking the local telephone directory are effective strategies for accessing health care and resources. A focus on the health care system, public health and ways human actions influence the environment.
· LONG-TERM LEARNING TARGETS
7.1 I can identify public health agencies and the services they provide. 1.12.7
7.2 I can explain the impact of public health services on my personal health. 3.12.1
7.3 I can identify environmental issues that can impact my health. 2.12.4. 7.12.2
· INSTRUCTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
· Why is community and public health important?
· How do your surroundings affect your personal health?
· How can your actions affect your environment?
· How do national and state policy decisions affect your health?
Health- care system, physician, pollution, recycling, decibel, agency, service, prevention
Health insurance, medical history