This resource contains two activities around identifying and categorising types of Workplace Incidents. It is important that learners become familiar with health and safety vocabulary so that they can comprehend workplace documentation and ensure that they meet their personal responsibilities under the Act. Identifying types of incidents is a key skill that workers need to know.
Learners are able to define and identify types of workplace accidents, incidents, hazards and near misses.
1. Hand out page 3 of this resource to learners so that each has a copy.
2. Discuss the different types of incidents listed in column 1 of the table.
3. Learners then read the 12 scenarios listed.
4. In pairs learners discuss and agree upon which scenarios fit into the different categories on column 3 of the table.
5. As a group answers are checked. Answer sheet provided.
6. Learners complete the next activity on page 5.