Students will learn about types of nutrients in foods and how they work to maintain our health; create and evaluate a daily menu, with suggestions to align it with food guide recommendations.
- research the benefits of certain nutrients to the human body
- determine the organs that certain nutrients help to maintain their health
- research the types of foods that contain healthy nutrients
- identify the main food groups in a healthy food guide, acknowledging suggested servings
- record your own daily food intake for one day
- consult a healthy food guide to analyze and evaluate your food intake choices
- make self-recommendations for a healthier diet
- create a daily menu that includes a healthy, balanced diet
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.