Also included in
- HEALTHY EATING:1. Recommended Book List2. Food Groups Posters: dairy, fruits, grains, protein, & vegetables3. Reading Comprehension Passages with answer keys "Good Nutrition""The 5 Food Groups""What Are Calories?""My Plate"4. My Healthy Plate Poster5. "My Healthy Plate" Craftivity and Templates6$8.50$10.50Save $2.00
Show your students the importance of healthy eating with this interactive unit on nutrition! These activities focus on the major food groups and eating a well-balanced diet. In this unit, you will find: hands on activities and centers, craftivities, printables and so much more!
1. Recommended Book List
2. Food Groups Posters: dairy, fruits, grains, protein, & vegetables
3. Reading Comprehension Passages with answer keys
- "Good Nutrition"
- "The 5 Food Groups"
- "What Are Calories?"
- "My Plate"
4. My Healthy Plate Poster
5. "My Healthy Plate" Craftivity and Templates
6. Meal Planning Flip Book (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
7. Vitamins & Minerals Flip Chart (interactive notebook templates)
8. Vitamins & Minerals Research page
9. "How to Make a Sandwich" Expository Writing
10. "Let's Get Healthy" Draw and Write
11. Fruit and Veggie Survey Activity
12. Fruit and Veggie Taste Test: Snack Idea and Printable
13. "I Can Eat a Rainbow" Activity with Printable
14. Market List ABC Order
15. "I'm a Healthy Shopper": making a list
16. Fruit and Veggie Tracker Printable
17. "Think About What You Drink": Class Demonstration and Recording Sheet
BONUS: This resource includes an interactive version of the PDF that you can assign to students to complete on a device, using Easel by TpT.
Perfect for Grades 1st-2nd!
Please download our preview for a closer look into this unit...Enjoy!
~ Curriculum Castle
Also available: Healthy Eating for PreK & K
Connect with us!
This item is a digital download from our TpT store:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Curriculum-Castle by Yvette Florez and Jessica Ruiz.
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
•use items (free or paid) for your own classroom students or personal use
•distribute our resources in printed packets to your students/families
•send via email to your classroom families
•post on password protected class websites or apps that the general public can NOT access
•reference our resources in blog posts, workshops, seminars and share on social media provided credit is given to Curriculum Castle (link back to our store or individual product)
You MAY NOT:
•alter the resource or remove the copyright
•claim this work as your own or use commercially in any way
•sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free
•distribute our resources to other educators (Please send them a link to the resource or purchase additional discounted licenses through Teachers Pay Teachers.)
•post or distribute our resources on a non-secure blog, school or district website, or file sharing site (this includes paid and free products)