This Nutrition Notebook can be used as a tool to introduce your students to basic facts about nutrition and the foods they eat, in addition to fun activities to reinforce these concepts.
**Each page is to be cut in half so you can make two notebooks out of a single printing of the packet. The pages of the notebook are meant to be stapled together at the top of the packet. The pages are numbered for easy assembly.**
This Nutrition Notebook packet includes:
1. Nutrition Notebook cover page
2. “What's In My Food?” - fact page
3. “Have You Heard?” - Questions asking students if they've heard of “vitamins & minerals,” “carbohydrates,” and “proteins” before.
4. “Food For Thought” - Basic definition of vitamins & minerals and carbohydrates - also asks kids what type of carbohydrate they think is more healthy (complex or simple carbohydrates).
5.”More on Car-bo...What?” - fact page on carbohydrates, with cartoon bubbles
6. “Muscle Foods!” - Basic definition of proteins and activity to circle all of the protein foods you like to eat.
7. “Choosing Healthy Fats” - fact page with cartoon bubbles
8. “Eat A Rainbow: Fruits and Vegetables” - activity to circle the fruits and vegetables (pictures organized by color) you like to eat.
9. “What Doesn't Belong?” - put an X through the food item that doesn't belong in each food group.
10. “N is for Nutrition” - write the beginning letter for each food
11. “It All Counts!” - Math: count up each of the healthy foods and write the number in the box. (2 pages)
12. “Good Nutrition Really ADDS Up! - Math: add the healthy foods and write the sum in each box.
13. “What A Start!”- Draw what your favorite breakfast looks like on the plate.
14. “Finishing the Day Right”- draw what your favorite dinner looks like on the plate.
15. “Be A Fruit Explorer!” - Chart: explore foods and fill in the chart.
16. “Be A Vegetable Explorer!” - Chart: explore foods and fill in the chart.
17. “Be A Fruit Explorer!” - blank chart, optional
18. “Be A Vegetable Explorer!” - blank chart, optional