Mental illness is becoming more prevalent in younger generations. With this in mind, it is significantly important to help children:
- develop independence;
- develop resilience;
- understand their own emotions;
- interact with the world;
- manage and nurture positive relationships.
Healthy Mind - Happy Me Book 2 has been written to encourage young children to engage in activities that foster positive mental health. Worksheets in this book focus on the key areas listed below:
- Self Regulation - Managing feelings, empathy, positive thinking;
- Bullying and Staying Safe - Dealing with bullies, cybersafety, staying safe online and outside, making safe decisions;
- Relationships and Conflict - Focus on diversity, communication, negotiation and dealing with conflict;
- Emotional Intelligence - Exploring emotions, managing anger, working as a team.
Activity pages have been designed to be photocopied and given to students. Teachers' Notes also provide additional guidance, information and ideas to facilitate implementing activities into the classroom. Additional resources and answers are included in this section.