This interactive folding notes page is designed to teach students the anatomy of the heart as well as the circulation pathway of blood. Students complete the notes and labels under the inside tab and color each part of the heart a distinctive color. (See image provided below for example.) The back side of the foldable gives students an opportunity to trace the pathway of oxygenated and deoxygenated blood through the heart, to and from the lungs, and to and from the lower and upper body. It is designed to be a study tool upon completion where students can quiz themselves or each other about the anatomy and function of each part. I have included 4 versions so you can decide which one best fits your students’ needs. This would be a great addition to my Heart Circulation Game activity at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Heart-Anatomy-and-Circulation-Board-Game-2071073.
Included in Download:
• Page 1 Instructions/Prep Info
• Page 2 Photo of completed and colored foldable for reference purposes
• Page 3-4 Answer Key
• Page 5 Outside page of foldable showing circulation diagram
• Page 6 Inside page option 1: cloze (fill-in-blanks) notes
• Page 7 Inside page option 2: completely blank for writing in all notes
• Page 8 Inside page option 3: cut & glue with no labels provided
• Page 9 Inside page option 4: cut & glue with labels provided
• Page 10 Cutouts if you are using option 3 or 4
• Print page 4 along with your choice of inside page. This must be printed/copied front-back so that the the letter “A” is on the aorta tab in the top left corner of foldable. See picture for example.
• Provide students with a variety of colored pencils and scissors.
1. Fold along the vertical dashed line as shown in pictures.
2. Cut along the dotted lines in between the letters A – N.
3. Discuss and explain the anatomy and function of the heart as well as the circulation of blood through the heart, lungs, and body. Have students complete their notes under each tab, color the heart appropriately, and trace the pathway of blood on the image provided on the back side of the foldable.
4. Haves student quiz one another on the anatomy/function.
© Marianne Dobrovolny - www.science-lessons.org
Heart Anatomy & Circulation Foldable
by Marianne Dobrovolny
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License