In this product you will find thematic activities centered around heart health and the functions of the heart. Your children will learn several facts about the human heart through the science booklet that I have created, what foods are healthy and unhealthy, what benefits some of our healthy foods provide us with and activities that strengthen the heart.They will explore how the human heart works through the science experiment activity that I have created. This is a great addition to any body unit or Valentine's Day unit. Finally, children will be encouraged to explore dramatic play with the printabls that I have provided. These printables center around going to the doctor since going the doctor is also a way that we stay healthy.
More Heart Health Products
Heart Health Math Activities
Heart Health Literacy Activities
Heart Health Science
- Patterns- This activity is exercise themed and encourages children to re-create and build patterns.
- Exercise Patterns- This activity is exercise themed and encourages children to experience patterns in a new way. Children will do the actions depicted on the pattern cards to create different patterns.
- Count and Write Numbers- This activity asks children to count the objects in two different food groups at a time and write the number that represents the quantity for each food group. The numbers together will add up to 10. I have also provided blank versions that your children or yourself can cut and glue desired amounts of each group to create larger numbers.
- Movement Counting- This activity shows a variety of movements and a number attached to each. This is a great way to encourage exercise.
- Writing Page
- Word Cards
- I SPY Exercise Vocabulary Game
- Food Group Play-doh mat
- How does the human heart work experiment with printable booklets
- Human heart facts- real human heart picture version/ line human heart version
- Label the human heart
- Real human heart pictures
- Healthy/Unhealthy Food Sort